Friday, September 24, 2004

First week: Trimester 2 2004/2005

First week of classes but i still feel like i'm on holiday! It's movies, Sex In The City and Simsons back-to-back. hrmm....maybe that's the reason why i get frequent headaches. *shrug*
I presented my topics for my dissertation on Tuesday and i guess it went rather well. Being me, i was busy fretting about my topics and if they were solid enough, if i'd done enough research, if i'd be able to answer any questions put to me, or if i'd screw up my lines! *sigh!* It's tiresome being me.
Finally after some ammendments i chose 2 publications - KLue and Think! and one pharmaceutical company called Lilly. I hung out at the studio all day on Tuesday waiting for a chance to present and only managed to get a spot at the end of the day. I was the last to present. All these eyes looking at me...waiting for me to screw up or to present some lame ass idea.
First i presented my topic on KLue proposing my ideas and giving reasons why it needs more advertising. Few questions asked....all was well. Then I moved on to Lilly. Its a pharmaceutical company which manufactures drugs for mental illness among others. Now i don't know why i chose this topic but i had enough resources so i proceeded. All 7 lecturers perked up at the mention on this company. And Mr.K asked, "Why did you choose this company?" I replied, "Umm cause i'm kinda facinated with the field and well Malaysia doesn't seem to have any awerenes put towards curbing mental illness in any form even clinical depression. Prozac is used all over but most people don't know that help's available. So i guess i wanted to create awareness that there's help for all you cuckoo's out there." Ok so i didn't reply in exactly that manner but smething along that lines lah. And before i could proceed to my next topic...the lecturers said ok You got your topic!
So for the next 8 months, i'll be working on anti-depressants and the likes! Wonder if i'll ever need to 'sample' the product to err know it better?

Dinner Joke
K.E : Owhh hey I've got ice-cream!
Me : So full!! Can you actually stomach some more??
K. E : Owhh hey, i've got bananas!
So he has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home