Tuesday, September 07, 2004

home

First of all.....for you people who have no confidence in me or my housemates, I'm all set to prove you wrong! Long gone are the days where A1-0-10 is known as the messiest-all-girls-house. Mich and I have indeed worked really hard and I really did sprain my back lifting my boxes of National Geographic and KLue magz, so i'm pretty set on keeping the place clean!
Now that that's all clear, lets move on to the holidays! Actually, i'm not in a holiday mood at all! It's been so long since my last holiday, i've forgotten what it feels like.....YEAH RIGHT!!!! I'm having a bomb!!! Err...at least I think I am.
Well being me, i'm happy curled up on the couch with a good book and some DVDs to watch in between. Am currently reading Chronicles Of Narnia by C.S Lewis and I watched I Robot, Catwomen, 50 First Dates and Scooby Doo 2 and Harry Potter over the past 2 days. (geezz...and I wonder why my eye sight's deteriorating)
Besides that, i got my MyKad done and I renewed my liscense. Didn't know things got done so fast these days. hehe. Hooray for not procrastinating!!
I wonder if it's just Penang or the holls but somehow...being here makes me feel just so detached from Cyber and KL life on the whole. BM's a pretty slow place and the heat is rather stifling so I don't go out much. I'm beginning to not miss Cyber even, and that's really strange cause I ALWAYS miss Cyberjaya. I don't exactly have my own room anymore cause my sis took over and revamped my room. It looks like the ocean now with dolphins and clouds and waayyy too much blue. But it looks cool though. I'm camped out in my bro's room, living out of my backpack but feeling completely at home. I used to think that the stuff I have and the way i arranged everything made my space more liveable and I had a space to call home. But after moving away, I realised that I had taken everything with me to Cyberjaya, leaving only my flowered jammies in my cupboard. I called Cyber my home and BM my get-away place. A vacation spot at times. Certain recent events got me thinking again and I realised that Home had a whole new meaning to it. It's more than just a place where all your stuff is in and more than just a place of security. I guess i missed the most important part of a Home...it's where my family is. They might not be the most wonderful people around and we've probrably been through more roller coaster rides the past year that I can't even begin to recall what the first one felt like but I know that whatever's happened has only managed to draw us all closer and well...being one of the first few times I can remember, i'm feeling like Home is the best place to be in right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home