Monday, August 21, 2006

Dreams.

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick; but when dreams come true at last, there is life and joy." Proverbs 13:12


These past few weeks, life has been in quite an uproar. What with the many uncertainties and being caused to uproot and pushed out of my comfort zone.
There's been a lot of talk about dreams and passions which got me thinking bout what I've been dreaming about and thinking bout the things I'm passionate about.
I sometimes think i'm rather like an erratic comet. Having no fixed course. But rather just zooming across the plane seemingly with purpose, but in truth hopelessly lost.

We've all had dreams as we were growing up. I've dreamt about becoming a graphic designer. I wanted to be a writer. I've dreamt about going to far reaches of some unexplored terrain. I wanted to be Indiana Jones's side-kick. I've dreamt about being involved in missions. I want to go full time. I've dreamt about being a dancer, a musician even. And at one point a fireman and a nurse! How some of those dreams seem absurd right now! But a lot of them still possible.

I want to have my own gallery show someday.
I want to have a book published someday.
I want to see my designs up in places someday.
I want to have articles published someday.
I want to know that i've lived my life and not just existed. I'm not here to fill space.

I've realised that if you wait and just work on what you're passionate about. If you're just patient enough to pray and hold on to that dream, The Big Guy gives you your heart's desires.

I'm glad for friends around me who share my passions. I know we've crossed paths for a reason. I know you guys are in my life to make it more exciting. We spur each other on cause we wanna see the other walking in line with his/her destiny.

I thank God for dreams and visions and the ability and see them through. I thank God for instilling such passions into our hearts and for always igniting that spark to keep the flames rising.

I've had articles published. Online and offline.
My designs are currently displayed in the biggest Malaysian Hypermart, situated in Subang.
And i'm working on a project which is very close to heart. Although i might not see results today or tomorrow but i guess i enjoy this 'syiok sendiri' project which keeps me hopeful and excited about what tommorow holds.

To the dancer, the photographer, the singer, the teacher, the writer, the leader, the designer, the musician, the rock star, the artist, hold on to those dreams aight. We'll actualize it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

hey mel....it's good that you still haven't let go of your dreams..and you're still working towards it..i'm kinda in the same shoes as you're in..but recently God has been teaching me this humbling principle " Be faithful in the little things" I guess sometimes its the little things that's the hardest huh..takes patience and long suffering..but I guess if we're faithful..God will grant you the desires of your heart..:)

10:06 AM  
Blogger hoyden said...

Hey joshua!
Thanks for the encouragement.
And its true, the little things do matter!
If we cant handle the small things, how are we expected to handle the big stuff!
=D

lookin forward to our date on saturday~

10:29 AM  
Blogger bea... said...

mel!!! let's go for our dreams~!! am here to support u all the way! :D and and and...let's start a girl band!!! :D:D:D u wanna be the guitarist? :D

3:22 PM  
Blogger hoyden said...

bea~!~!
whoa!
LETS!!!!
i've got some material i'm working on actually.
")

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home