Thursday, August 24, 2006

visions

Over the past few weeks, i find myself being constantly challenged. In what areas exactly i shall not say. But it's been somewhat refreshing when you get friends who are able to come up to you and just speak words of affirmation or even have friends rebuke you about a certain attitudes or mindset.

I think i'm pretty hard headed and more than often i fail to listen and see things although the answers are right in front of me. I ask for answers yet refuse the accept them. I pray and ask God for answers and directions and He has indeed answered. His answers are for right NOW, but I keep looking for answers which are for situations down the road.
Me and my "what if's?"

I was talking to a friend today, and he was talking about Helen Keller, who was asked the question "What's worse than being born blind?" Her reply was "Having sight without vision"
What is vision?
...dreams? the future? hope?

God said to Abraham when he showed him the promised land, "What you see if what you've got!" (not in those words exactly)
But i suppose it ain't only bout seeing with our physical eyes but seeing with our Spiritual eyes as well!

I keep asking myself how do we know if our vision is in line with God's vision? I don't know that answer just yet. But i do know that "God is greatly complimented when we envision, what He envisions for us" And well it doesnt get any clearer than this : Prov 3:5-6 Lean not on your own wisdom but seek the Lord in all you do and He will direct your paths.

I hung out with The Rock Star yesterday. He's been through his share of a series of unfortunate events. But he was still joyful, and thankful, for no matter how bad the situation seemed, it could have been worse. And as we got to talking he said that sometimes God allows you to go through rough times. Painful times even. But it aint cause He's got a sick sense of humor. He's preparing you for something greater.

Like if you pray for patience, He'll bring along a really difficult person to deal with. Or if you've been praying for total dependence on God, He'll take you away from your comfort zone, He'll put you in a place where you've got no choice but to be totally dependant on Him.

I've got the answers i was praying for. It might not be the answers i was lookin for, but they're answers no doubt. And it IS far better to be walking in Gods way than my own. I'd be just standing in the glare of everything looking like a blindfolded child swinging a bat at a paper donkey.

Yesterday, i was reminded about the parable of the talents (Matthew 25:14 - 30) We're supposed to do something with what's been given to us. Like the guy who was given five talents and he put it to work and gained five more! I love the reply of the master when he saw what his servant had achieved: "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home