Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Dear you

This is just a mere form of expression so please do not take this personally. It is NOT dedicated to ONE person but a few whom have crossed my path and have said things or assumed things about me.

Dear you,

I am thankful for your help in providing an open door and as i have told you countless of times, i will work hard and will be dedicated to the tasks given to me. I have always been a hard worker and I have always completed tasks given to me to the best of my ability.

I do not appreciate the insinuations that i am undependable and that i am not hard working or even that I am not an achiever. It is an insult on me and my intelligence if you think that i am passive and that i do not strive to achieve more in life. I might not have had much luck in the whole job scene, but that wasn't solely my fault. Me being sick, did not have anything to do with securing a job and mind you, I do drag myself to work even if I am sick. SO please do not assume that i am always absent from work due to sickness.

I do however agree with you that i need to reorder my lifestyle. That would take some adjusting on my part but I will do whatever it takes to improve on that.

I DO have my priorities in order and with all due respect I do not think it is right for anyone else to dictate to me where my priorities lie. I know what's at stake and i know what are the things that are important to me. Please do not think that you have got me all figured out and that you know the struggles I go through.

I have been solely independent since i graduated two years ago and have not relied on my parents for financial support. So stop telling me that I'm a burden to them! My parents are supportive in all that I do and i am not answerable to anyone else except to them. And last I checked, I have not let them down.

Forgive me if i seem impractical but I still do not believe that the measure of a man is based on how successfull he is in terms of employment.

I do thank you for voicing your concerns. I know you mean well and i do appreciate it.

lovingly yours,
melisa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a soft and genteel creature reminds me of a gazelle but yet capable of a great many things and you are going to rise to great heights. You love the Lord and he knows the plans he has for you so always seek him. I am extremely proud of my beautiful and talented daughter and I could not have asked for a better daughter. I have lived for you and your brother and sister and I will always be there for you all. You have never and will never be a burden, you will always be just my daughter, my lizzie girl.
Love
MUM

10:39 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

MEL!! i'm so jealous of you now.. i want your mom... hehe...

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home