Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light

Today, the 4th of July brings me back to previous 4th of July's. There was a reason to celebrate! Not the American Independence day, but my brother's birthday.

Born three years ahead of me, and born a guy, he's had more than his share of struggles and he's grown up to be someone i look up to and someone i trust. Of course there were those usual sibling squabbles, and fist fights and tears (mostly on my end) but we've grown up closer because of it and this dude means the world to me.

I remember years back when i was about four and we went for a 4th of July party at some hotel. And i was out walking round the hotel grounds (kids, don't follow suit) and i fell in the pool! In the deep end as well. And one of the band guys fished me out! So there i was soaking wet on the evening of the 4th of July shivering my ass off. And my brother runs to my mom and says, "Mom! Melisa went for a SWIM!!!"

Well, so you know... even 4 year olds know how to be embarrassed, and not one 4th of July passes me by without me remembering that incident. heheh.

Well anyway, I hope I've made your life thus far enjoyable as you have mine.
Happy Birthday Shannon. I Love you loads. *hugz*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home