Tuesday, November 13, 2007

melody

Music.
Some of you might know that me and music are inseparable. I usually have my mp3's playing from the time i wake up right till the time i go to bed. My old boss even told me that i should stop doing design and go take up a music degree or find a job doing music programming, but to me, music was just an accompaniment of life.

What's life without music, and what's music without dance?
Of course you can live life without music and you CAN dance without music but.... lets leave that for another post.

Well i've noticed something amiss recently when my life seemed a little more 'quiet'.
I didn't dance like a silly goon in my room any more and i stopped carrying my ipod around and i had even stopped switching on my mp3 during the day.
***(first edition ipod for sale, with uber cool tracks stored inside. pls email melisa[dot]ann[at]gmail[dot]com for enquiries.)

I don't think i've gotten bored of music, but i just don't know what triggered the sudden drop of interests. I still beam when i've discovered a new song. But that's about it. I don't do my usual downloading or band research. I just listen, appreciate and then i forget.

Still trying to put my finger on what's exactly wrong with me, but i've no idea. Work? Friends? Family? Church? All's not great but they're pretty good i guess.

All songs usually have this impact on me. It would bring me to a time and place where i remember something or someone. And that's what i loved about music. You could always relate to it. You could always count on it to switch your moods.

I kept listening to 'Found' by Hillsong today and i've heard it like a million times but it still brings me back to that place. Its soothing but yet i get tensed when i hear it..... It's based on Jeremiah 29:13-14 "You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you..."

There's just something about that song..... found..... i wish i was found. I wish i would take the step to FIND. But most of all i wish that i'd find my melody again. I think everyone has a particular melody. I just sort of lost mine. But I hope you'll hang on to yours.

1 Comments:

Blogger neo said...

heys. You want to sell off your 1st edition Ipod? Just send me a pic, and the expected price:) I can post it up on my sellwhatever blog site:)

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home