Monday, February 25, 2008

no regrets

I'm still feeling the bite of missing the biggest gig of my life. Ok maybe not THE BIGGEST, but it's pretty big when you consider that they are my favouritest band and I listen to their stuff every single day and I have all their albums (except 'All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone') and i got tons of people hooked on them too!!

What am i talking about?

Explosions In The Sky.

Many of you have asked me why I didn't go, and gasped at the knowledge of me missing this probrably once in a life time gig and I just wanna say... "SHUT IT!!!!"

I've stopped kicking myself over it and I have stopped whining about it. Cause i believe in "No Regrets!"

I had just spent cash for the Switchfoot concert and that was so amazing and totally worth my RM123. I figured I could fork out another RM113 for EITS right? I mean how often does your favourite band come to Malaysia???

But then i started thinking bout all the other things i wanted to do this year. Like get a new PC and a new phone and go for my first vacation in three years.... and the EITS gig just got pushed further down my list.

Of course I'm sad to have missed it. But i'm consoling myself with thoughts that perhaps i had it good after all. I spent the night at home listening to EITS without the crowd and the smoke and the freak shows.

Just my cup of coffee and me, getting lost in the soaring music and atmospheric guitar lines of Explosions In The Sky, without having to worry about people invading your personal space or having their handphones block your view.

So yes i'm truly and positively happy with my decision.

:)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger teMMe said...

that was probably a wise decision.

there were a lot of handphones blocking the view, annoying camerapeople letting off flash constantly and the band only played for 90mins. that's more than a ringgit per minute!

still, they were brilliant.

9:25 PM  
Blogger hoyden said...

owh you went!!!
cool!
Well i'm sure you had fun even with all the stupid camera people.

9:16 AM  
Blogger neo said...

sighz...trying to console yourself eh:P

You cud have stood upstairs, directly above them, where I was. no dumb-ass cameras blocking your view:)

12:01 AM  
Blogger hoyden said...

yea... like...whatever.

I'm not TRYING to console myself.
I'm consoled. I'm a-ok.

11:20 AM  
Blogger auds said...

erm..
i thought mel said that she was heppy with her decision?
where did the consoling part come in?

well, i missed it too mel. thou i'm prolly not as big a fan as you. the only thing i listen to everyday without fail, is my voice. :P

go for your holiday. we'll make ours happen too! and bring along your EITS. :D

*hugs*

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home