Tuesday, May 06, 2008

my favourite colour

I was getting ready to head on out for an event. Took a piss, washed my hands, put on MAC's pucker tendertone lip balm when i noticed a stray curl. Carefully smoothening it I accidentally yanked a strand out and to my HORROR i realised that it was.... WHITE!

There are some moments in time which catch you just gaping in awe/amazement/shock/stupidity. And this was one of those events that you'll probably always remember. Your first public humiliation, your first kiss, your first accident, the first time you made a guy cry, the first time you flashed someone, or the first time you got your heart broken....

My first strand of white hair. Trivial i know. BUT it's my FIRST okayyy! The thing that you think would never happen to you.

My mind raced with thoughts, "I'm too young!!!", "I should've listened to my grandma and soaked my head in coconut oil!" "I shouldn't have had eaten so much junk!"

Arghh. Regrets.

......my first strand white hair. I stared at it for a good five... ok TEN minutes. and then.... I flicked it into the trash and walked away. It's inevitable. I'll have many more firsts. I just need to have a good enough sense of humour and take it in stride.

Or i could dye my hair fuschia!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Yong said...

I never knew you were THAT vain...look on the bright side, at least it's not white pubes.. now that's freakaayyyy :p

7:10 PM  
Blogger hoyden said...

BWAHAHAHAHahahhahaaha... that's gross Steph!

but i'm not vain okay. just umm.... conscious of my outer beauty. =D

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home