Thursday, October 23, 2008

a little sleep

There are times when you just get plain tired and lazy and all you wanna do is sleep/watch TV (or watch the entire ten seasons of FRIENDS at one go) or just stare into space. I know I do that all the time especially when I've got tons of work to do. And when I was little, i did that too. Just parked myself somewhere where I could just be doing absolutely nothing and then my mom comes along, whips out her bible and says

"6 Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!

7 It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,

8 yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

9 How long will you lie there, you sluggard?
When will you get up from your sleep?

10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest-

11 and poverty will come on you like a bandit
and scarcity like an armed man. "


And that would just pick me off my lazy butt and get to doing something productive. But man... I wish moving was a lot easier. I've got 5-7 years of trash treasures waiting to be sorted through.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger auds said...

oh noooo.....
but.. the friends part can't be so badddd..??
rightt?

3:11 AM  
Blogger hoyden said...

well.... yeah... if it makes you happy then... why not!
haha

10:20 AM  
Anonymous mystic said...

there's nothing like watching a whole season (or maybe 10 :P) of FRIENDS. :)

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home