Monday, January 05, 2009

2009

I'm back from a realllyyy long break and i must say a digital diet is extremely good for the soul.

You should definitely try it sometime. Get rid of the laptop and phone(s) and just be disconnected for a while.

Next thing to try would be not talking for a whole day. Now that's a hard one, but I'll give it a go one Saturday.

Now I don't really believe in resolutions for the new year, but I still make stuff up or more like remind myself to continue doing certain things. I kinda believe that resolutions mean more when you write them out during birthdays. It's easier to measure your milestones in life and it'll edge you on to achieve your dreams. Like i can't for the life of me remember what happened in 2006 but I do remember what i achieved the year I turned 23.

Well this year I plan to just be. No pressure. No climbing the corporate ladder and all that jazz. Cause really.... there's more to life than that. Why put pressure on yourself to be more than what you are?

But I will focus on being me. And do the things which I wanna do, and be all that I can be. And that's a great way to walk into 2009... with hope and lotsa trust. And the belief that the Big Guy will see us through. I'll be seizing more, loving more and letting go of more.

There'll be more looking at paintings, more trips to quaint cafe's, more trips to bookstores, better times spent with friends but most of all, more time spent seeking and finding Him with all my heart.

Have a good year ahead of you. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger .:mysh:. said...

Hear, hear! a good post, this. Take time to live. :) and make each moment count. i miss you. have a greeeeat 2009. ( or 26th year if you prefer that, ahha )

2:14 AM  
Blogger eric said...

here's wishing you an awesome 2009! (or as mysh put it... 26th year) ;)

p.s. catchup soon at a quaint lil cafe? ;)

5:36 PM  
Blogger hoyden said...

mysh: miss you too! Hope you're doing GREAT!

ewic: yesh soon! say.... this week? :D

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home