Friday, March 27, 2009

ABC's

When I left Bukit Mertajam for Cyberjaya, there was just this whole new world waiting for me. I has many firsts' and many surprises which kinda made me feel like the saying "Rusa masuk ke kampung" or maybe it was "Katak di bawah tempurung". (??)

I had 'chee cheong fun' for the first time and ate 'chap fan' at the stalls for the first time. Goodness knows why I never tried those back in BM. *shrug*

Mainly all the new experiences I had, had to do with food. Now I know many, if not ALL Malaysians, knows the term ABC. Or better known as Air Batu Campur.

To me, Air Batu Campur was pretty much a new term as I have always known it as Ais Kacang. While the term ABC is what my family refers to as 'Ass Burning Curry'.

I must have been the only one who had never used that term before so imagine my surprise when my friend drove us to get ABC and it wasn't the curry I was expecting. heh.

Lesson learnt.... kids...never trust your parents when they tell you the names of food. Carrot cake is not called 'Lumps' just because it looks like it. And if food is named after a body part, that's probably not what it's called in society. ;)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Steph Yong said...

ahahahahah LUMPS??? hahahahahahaha

11:30 AM  
Blogger hoyden said...

:D
STEPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

3:50 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

hahahah... tats nothing compare 2 the other names they have for food.. heheh

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home