Thursday, November 12, 2009

Weekly Picks

Yes i've been on a slow crawl with my surfing. But only cause work's been a bitch and other stuff has taken preceedence over blogging. I've been blogging since 2004 and contrary to popular belief, it doesn't get easier.

But today, I thought I should share a video that's all kinds of happy. It's by Alaling and the Kaya Koks. Alaling or better known as Chingz and I go waaaaaayyyy back to this one day at band camp. Where she introduced herself and said. "I can play the flute with my...."

Well no that's not how we met. We met at Alpha year orientation. And she was this bubbly character and the first thing she said to me was, "I have grandma hands."

Ok Im not quite sure how we got to hanging out and stuff but we got together one day and decided to record a song. We did a super lame cover of "You don't know me" and performed for Alpha Night which sucked BIG time. HB4-C-3001. Yupp that was the 'band' name. Our singer was May who used to sing in the shower and she spat at people just for fun. Ahh...Alpha. But anyway, Ching-a-ling went on from there and I think she was rapping at one point (haha!), and then she found her true calling of writing more happy songs and making fun funky videos. :D

Owh and did you know, she's also a super duper talented designer. She can cook, sew and she makes pretty little jewellery. Talk about multi-talented man! If you love thrifting, you'll love this too - Thrift Book

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home