Sunday, November 22, 2009

work in progress

I was talking to Nicky today and he made me realise that we're 40 days away from a new year. 2010. 40 has GOT to be a significant number right?

I mean it did rain for 40 days and 40 nights. Moses was on the mountain 40 days and 40 nights. The Israelites wandered 40 years. Jesus fasted in the wilderness for 40 days and was seen on the earth for 40 days after His crucifixion.
see...its significant.

According to wiki Answers, "A 40-something time period, whether days, months, or years is ALWAYS a period of testing, trial, probation, or chastisement (but not judgment) and ends with a period of restoration, revival or renewal."

Well I want to make the next 40 days count. I want to be geared up and filled with purpose for the year 2010. I don't mean that I've been flailing around in 2009. This year has been extraordinary. I can quite clearly remember writing this post way back in January.

Guess i did throw my heart over the fence but I haven't had enough of quaint cafe's though. :)

Going back to the significance of 40, I'm gonna make them count. I'm going to re-read 'Purpose Driven Life'

God knows I've picked it up and read Day 1 like 18 times.(I've only read through the book once. Like barely.)But I just know there's something worth catching.

I'm going to regret saying this, but I think House, Heroes, Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, Lie To Me, Big Bang Theory and Vampire Diaries can wait.(Notice i didn't include SYTYCD in there. :p)

If you think you need to realign and refocus too, would be great if I had some company. Reading "It's not about YOU" for the umpteenth time doesn't actually get easier. But seriously... I'm gonna be pushing through.

Sporadic updates to follow. ;)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger eric said...

yea... all those series can wait :P you go gurl!! :D

9:47 PM  
Blogger weeliem said...

yup. with you:) gonna do the 40 day thing:) check on me k:)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Mel,

I like the way you said the "throw your heart over the fence" part :)

I wrote it in marker pen on a big A4 paper and stuck it to my workstation at work.

I'll join you too. I need to find some answers.

Love and have a good week
Joanne

8:53 AM  
Blogger tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home