Tuesday, April 20, 2010

in the end...

Not to sound too morbid or whatever.... but I have been thinking an awful lot about last words. I like what Mark Twain has to say, as quoted in this article about his final years' :

"A distinguished man should be as particular about his last words as he is about his last breath," he noted. "He should write them out on a slip of paper and take the judgment of his friends on them. He should never leave such a thing to the last hour of his life, and trust to an intellectual spurt at the last moment to enable him to say something smart with his latest gasp and launch into eternity with grandeur."

I don't think i've ever said anything remotely intellectual or gave anyone sound advice or even said anything in my life worth remembering. So I doubt i'm gonna get to say anything smart on my death bed. However, I think a person should say all that needs to be said while lucid, and one should write all that can't be said in a journal.

So while I'm still here, I'll say this: -
Dream profoundly, live loftily, love unceasingly, dance obstreperously, sing unabashedly, write imaginatively, walk gallantly and laugh gleefully.
And The Big Guy... you know he fits into all the above.

And as my fav fashion blogger once said, "Just do the things that make you smile and you’ll always end up somewhere. Even if that place is not anywhere you’d imagined you’d be at the start. ~ Garance Dore"
Now run along and play outside :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home